IRA Charitable Rollover – A Permanent Giving Option
Many donors have found a direct transfer of funds from their IRA to be a great way to have a lasting effect on ending childhood hunger, and now it is a permanent option. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to No Kid Hungry.
- Your gift does not create taxable income for you and does not require a charitable tax deduction.
- The transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you are interested in this popular way to support No Kid Hungry, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
A Gift of Property
You may wish to transfer ownership of your property (real estate, works of art, and so on) and receive a receipt for tax purposes. In addition, gifts of residual interest may be considered in which you may retain the use of the property during your lifetime. Benefits include:
- Immediate tax savings.
- Continued use of your property for life.
- Satisfaction of knowing No Kid Hungry will have the benefit of your gift in the future.
- Your gift passes to No Kid Hungry outside of the estate process.
A gift of cash is simple and eligible for an immediate charitable tax credit.
Donor Advised Funds
An easy way to give funds you have set aside for charitable causes like Share Our Strength and the No Kid Hungry campaign is to transfer funds from your donor advised fund directly by using the link below. Simply start typing in your fund provider name and the system will prompt you through the process.
Your Legacy of Philanthropy
Final distribution of contributions remaining in your donor advised fund after your lifetime is designated when you create or update your fund.
We hope you will consider naming Share Our Strength a beneficiary of your account. You may even designate Share Our Strength to receive a portion of the account value, leaving the remaining portion for your children or grandchildren to continue your legacy of philanthropy.
If you have any questions, please email Donna Batcho at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support.